Through Other Eyes
This in-service workshop will help your staff and volunteers:
- identify common age related changes in vision, hearing and tactile sensation and relate the incidence of these to the experiential changes that form part of the workshop.
- experience and describe the impact of these changes on individuals.
- identify specific barriers posed by the environment.
- identify difficulties in communicating and understanding.
- identify positive coping strategies.
- identify specific techniques that may be used by those assisting the person with sensory loss.
Through Other Eyes is a two-hour experiential workshop which simulates the effects of aging so that you can experience the problems and frustrations that seniors experience in their everyday lives. You’ll wear devices that simulate limitations caused by aging, then complete a number of activities. This session concludes with a discussion of how to effectively assist a client experiencing these impairments. If you work with seniors, this workshop will truly change the way you view your clients.
Frequently Asked Questions About This Session:
- How Long Is the Workshop?
To book this training for your staff or for more information, call us at 416-256-3010 or 1-800-267-6272 ext 229 or e-mail email@example.com.