Stepping Up to Supervisor: a Preparation Course for Front-Line Workers Moving into a Lead or Supervisory Role
This in-service course will help your staff learn:
- what supervisors are really supposed to do - from a task and interpersonal perspective
- how to make a successful transition from peer to supervisor
- essential interpersonal skills required for the job
- about role of a mentor and support system in facilitating the transition
- how to develop a personal plan to hone your skills and comfort level
This course, usually delivered in two days, provides front-line workers with the opportunity to learn essential skills to prepare them for a supervisory or team leader role.
We will address the specific issues that arise when a front-line worker moves from a peer to a supervisor. In addition, we’ll address the unique role of the “working supervisor” – the team leader who is also responsible for front-line duties. Emphasis will be on identifying the benefits and challenges of “stepping up to supervisor” and on identifying positive approaches to the challenges that arise.
For more information, or to book this workshop, please call us at 416-256-3010 / 800-267-6272 ext. 229 or email us at email@example.com.