Skin and Wound Care
This in-service workshop will help your staff:
- describe the limitations of the PSW role in wound care as set out in the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA)
- describe fundamental physiology of the skin and wound care, including recognizing healing vs infection
- describe skin tears, how to prevent, recognize and treat them
- describe pressure ulcers, prevention, risk situations, causes, symptoms
- discuss common treatments that the PSW may be asked to carry out for 1st and 2nd stage ulcers
- describe dressing products for the skin tear, 1st and 2nd stage ulcers.
- describe care of sutures
- describe care of bruises
This enhancement covers skills appropriately used by a PSW to assist a client recovering from a skin wound. Participants will learn the boundaries of their role as set out in legislation, as well as the essential care routines they may be asked to perform. Fundamentals of preventative skin care and prevention of pressure ulcers will be reviewed, as will observation, reporting and documentation.
Frequently Asked Questions About This Session:
- How Long Is the Workshop?
- Can It Be Customized to Address Specific Challenges Faced by Our Staff?
To book this training for your staff or for more information, call us at 416-256-3010 or 1-800-267-6272 ext 229 or e-mail email@example.com.