Safe and Sound: A Risk Management Check-Up for Your Volunteer Program
This in-service workshop will help Volunteer Administrators:
- determine if their existing policies and procedures are adequate to support their clients and volunteers, and identify what policies are missing
- write meaningful position descriptions
- ask the right questions for the right volunteer position
- get the information when interviewing potential volunteers (and learn how to say no when the fit isn’t right)
- screen volunteers appropriately
- build an orientation process that will work for their organization
As an administrator of volunteers, one of your key responsibilities is to protect your clients and volunteers from harm, and your organization from liability. But how can you really be sure that you have the all the necessary risk management systems in place? Are your policies and practices sufficient? Are your interview questions getting you the information you need? Are your screening procedures appropriate? Learn how to identify and manage risk through the lens of the volunteer management cycle. We’ll provide you with practical tools and strategies so you can be confident that you have minimized the inherent risks in your program.
This workshop can be:
- adapted for an AVA meeting
- adapted and delivered as a conference session
- delivered in partnership with regional networks/coalitions of NFP organizations
- delivered to to any not-for-profit organizations that wish to partner to share costs.
To book this training for your staff or for more information, call us at 416-256-3010 or 1-800-267-6272 ext 229 or e-mail email@example.com.