Infection Prevention and Control
This in-service workshop will help your staff:
- discuss myths and misconceptions about pandemics and viruses of concern
- demonstrate understanding of why procedures are in place to address infection/transmission
- demonstrate infection control fundamentals (proper hand-washing)
- demonstrate proper gloving, gowning and mask usage
- describe conditions indicating the need for isolation procedures and procedures used for clients living at home
This session will provide participants with clear information on infection prevention and control. This ‘hands-on’ session covers a review of proper handwashing, standard precautions (including donning and removing gloves, proper mask and gown usage), as they apply to clients residing in the community. Relevant theory will also be covered, including the conditions under which isolation procedures may be indicated.
Frequently Asked Questions About This Session:
- How Long Is the Workshop?
- Can It Be Customized to Address Specific Challenges Faced by Our Staff?
To book this training for your staff or for more information, call us at 416-256-3010 or 1-800-267-6272 ext 229 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.