Critical Thinking: Developing Skills for a Changing Environment
This in-service workshop will help your front-line staff:
- define critical thinking, including why it is important and how it is different from non-critical thinking
- explore the components of critical thinking, including: analyzing and weighing options, reasoning, evaluating, problem solving, and decision making;
- understand the implications of decisions in the short and long-term
- analyze and apply the relationship between critical thinking and communication
- apply a critical thinking approach to common everyday life events and to the world of work
This workshop will help front-line staff to recognize problems, find workable means to address them, gather relevant information, understand and use language with accuracy and clarity, interpret data and arrive at conclusions.
Frequently Asked Questions About This Session:
- How Long Is the Workshop?
- Can It Be Customized to Address Specific Challenges Faced by Our Staff?
For more information, or to book this workshop, please call us at 416-256-3010 / 800-267-6272 ext. 229 or email us at email@example.com.