Bridging the Gap: Meeting the Client's Goals in the Support Plan
This in-service workshop will help your direct-care staff:
- understand the concept of client determined support and apply it to current client situations.
- understand the concept of enabling support—linking relevant support goals to the client's desired outcomes
- understand interpersonal and clarifying skills necessary to support clients to express needs.
- learn new skills in bridging goals
You’ve probably seen this a thousand times: the support plan says “light housekeeping and personal care.” Now it’s up to you to figure out what that means to you - and the client. We’re told, and it’s true, that support goals should be the client’s goals, but sometimes the two just don’t seem to connect. As a direct-care worker, you have the unique ability to bridge the gap between what’s on the support plan and what the client needs in a way that works. This workshop will focus on how to provide client determined support while still meeting the requirements of the support plan. This session will involve the use of role play and other interactive techniques.
Frequently Asked Questions About This Session:
- How Long Is the Workshop?
- Can It Be Customized to Address Specific Challenges Faced by Our Staff?
To book this training for your staff or for more information, call us at 416-256-3010 or 1-800-267-6272 ext 229 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.