Beyond the Jargon: Understanding Person-Centred Care
This in-service workshop will help participants:
- discuss and demonstrate the eight key components to person-centred support
- describe person-centred support as fundamental to the purpose of support, and discuss how it applies in work settings
- differentiate between real person-centred support and the simple use of the terms
- demonstrate interpersonal and clarifying skills necessary to support clients to express needs
We talk about “client-centred care” and “focussing on the person” all the time, but it sometimes seems that the phrases are little more than jargon. Under current Ontario legislation, we are all entitled to “excellent care”, but what does that really mean? In this workshop, we’ll discuss the fundamental interpersonal concepts necessary to providing person-centred support. Participants will have the opportunity to apply these skills, using situations drawn from actual work settings.
Frequently Asked Questions About This Session:
- How Long Is the Workshop?
- Can It Be Customized to Address Specific Challenges Faced by Our Staff?
For more information, or to book this workshop, please call us at 416-256-3010 / 800-267-6272 ext. 229 or email us at email@example.com.